The village of Bettws-y-Coed in North Wales lies at the junction of three rivers, the Conway, the Lledr and the Llugwy. Cox visited Bettws every summer between 1844 and 1856, attracted by the beauty and variety of its scenery: river meadows, rocky streams, and craggy, majestic hills. He became a familiar figure in the village, and his presence there every summer became an attraction for young artists who wanted to spend time with Cox and learn from his work.
456mm x 735mm
Watercolour on Scotch paper.
Presented by J.Palmer Phillips, 1908.
© Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery