The foreground of this painting is now Victoria Square, Birmingham. The pillars of the Town Hall protrude from behind a castellated building known in the 18th century as Allin's Cabinet of Curiosities. This building and others were purchased in 1853 for the building of the Council House, which started in 1874.
734mm x 990mm
Oil on canvas
Presented by the Friends of Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery, 1937
© Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery